Welcome to Episode 7 of Formula 1 Grid Talk, hosted by George Howson! In this episode, George and the team will be reviewing the 2019 Japanese Grand Prix.
In a race weekend that was interrupted by Typhoon Hagibis, it was the Mercedes-AMG Petronas who weathered the storm the best, overcoming a Ferrari front-row lockout in Qualifying to finish 1st and 3rd and land their sixth consecutive Constructors Championship.
In the process, the Silver Arrows knocked out any rivals to the 2019 Drivers Championship, ensuring the battle will stay in-house between Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas.
In this episode the team discuss:
- Valtteri Bottas takes a relatively easy win
- Vettel did well to keep Hamilton behind, but was he lucky to avoid a penalty?
- Albon with a solid drive but did he deserve a penalty for his move on Norris?
- Carlos Sainz our DOTD, another fantastic drive from the Spaniard!
- Mercedes win their sixth Constructor’s title in a row
- Leclerc with multiple penalties but should it have been more?
- Gasly with a solid drive, but he’s out of contention for the Red Bull Racing drive
- Ricciardo and Hulkenberg both bring home points, but could Renault be facing disqualification?
- Sergio Perez bailed out of a spin with chequered flag blunder
If you enjoyed this episode of Grid Talk make sure you subscribe so you’re the first to know when each new weekly episode is released.