Formula 1 returns to Las Vegas for the first time in 40 years between November 17th to 19th this year. Las Vegas, Nevada is the gambling capital of the world and 2023’s Las Vegas Grand Prix will be a collision of sports and casinos.
The Las Vegas Grand Prix is a golden opportunity for those who love racing and gambling, as they can combine two of their favourite activities in one weekend. The F1 race will be held on the brand-new Las Vegas Street Circuit, which is a 3.8-mile track that weaves its way past great landmarks, casinos, and hotels.
The drivers will be pushing the limits to fly down the Las Vegas strip as fast as possible in November. This is all while casino-goers will be trying their luck in real cash slots. The stakes are high, both for drivers and online casino players.
In this article, we explore why you should be in this city during the Formula 1 event.
See the city that never sleeps
Las Vegas is known by many names. Some call it the ‘sin city,’ while for others, Las Vegas is the city that never sleeps. The glitzy destination ought to be on your list of the places you plan to visit this year or in your lifetime.
There are so many places, attractions, numerous opportunities, and an atmosphere that brings the wildest part of you out. If it’s not the numerous shopping malls spread across the city, then you can play online casino games, including slot machines in various hotels and casinos in the entertainment capital.
Las Vegas has hosted several top-tier sports and fashion events, but the Grand Prix in November will be a game-changer.
The inaugural Las Vegas Grand Prix will bring more light and buzz to the city than ever before. For those who may not be into racing or gambling, witnessing the events in this city is one of the main reasons you should visit Las Vegas.
Enjoy the racing atmosphere
Las Vegas is a great city full of life and excitement. When you add the racing atmosphere into such a cool place, then it is a perfect show and is the place to be.
Those who like a Grand Prix event will have the chance to enjoy Formula 1 at the main stage as well as other activities that will be taking place in the city. The event, if what the organisers have said is anything to go by, will be the best that has ever been staged in the history of Formula 1.
Visit legendary casinos
Las Vegas is known as the gambling capital of the United States and one of the hot spots for the practice in the world. Here, you will find numerous casinos and other gambling facilities. If you are a gambling enthusiast, the Grand Prix presents a golden opportunity where you can witness a historic event, play your favorite games and also visit some of the oldest casinos in the city.
Some of the most high-profile include:
- Harrah’s Las Vegas in South Las Vegas Boulevard
- The LINQ Hotel and Casino
- Caesar’s Place
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Tropicana Las Vegas
Enjoy city attractions
There’s far more than just casinos in Las Vegas though, as you’ll find famous resort-lined streets, recreation centers, glamorous sites, and other attractions. While here, plan your visit and make the most of your time with these top attractions in the city. Here are some more highlights:
- The 2.5-mile-long strip from Northeast to Southeast
- Mirage Hotel is easily identified from the Strip. From here, you can see a volcano that erupts at intervals. At night, you will experience a rare sight where glowing fire and explosions shoot out of the volcano. This is one of the most spectacular sights in this location.
- Bellagio Resort is a large high-end hotel that includes a gallery of fine art, a botanical garden, a spa, and the finest restaurants in the city.
- Paris Hotel and Eiffel Tower attractions are located on the strip and are easily visible from a distance.
- You will see the Venetian hotel, one of the finest resorts in Las Vegas. In the resort, you can enjoy the boat rides and see other attractions that will blow your mind.
- The High Roller Las Vegas observation wheel is where you can view the Strip and other neighborhoods. The wheel, which is 550 feet high, is the largest in North America. One rotation will take thirty minutes, offering a fantastic view, especially at night.
- New York Hotel in Las Vegas, where you can get different cuisines
- Mob Museum is a unique attraction that houses some ugly truths about crime in Las Vegas and the United States.
Las Vegas is a great city, one that offers a variety of attractions in terms of activities and things to see. As the city holds the penultimate round of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship later this year, you should take the opportunity to visit and enjoy these attractions and motorsport experience.