Welcome to Episode 9 of Formula 1 Grid Talk, hosted by George Howson! In this episode, George and the team will be reviewing the 2019 Mexico Grand Prix and previewing the 2019 United States Grand Prix.
It was a dramatic weekend in Mexico, where Max Verstappen took pole, only to be relegated to fourth for missing a yellow flag, followed by a rough and tumble start to the race that saw the eventual winner, Lewis Hamilton, lose out early before putting in a one-stop race that also saw the Brit put one hand on his sixth World Championship.
With no time to come up for air, the paddock moves from Central America to North America with back-to-back race weekends.
In this episode the team discuss:
- A great race for Hamilton & Mercedes but the title battle continues to COTA.
- Ferrari again the fastest car but they were again unable to convert it to a win.
- Commendable drive by Albon but Verstappen making numerous mistakes this weekend.
- Perez best of the rest in his home race.
- A decent result for Renault & reaction to their Japanese Grand Prix disqualification.
- Impressive pace by Toro Rosso, in particular in qualifying.
- McLaren flattering to deceive with their race pace.
- USA preview, will Hamilton win his sixth title in Austin?
- USGP race predictions
If you enjoyed this episode of Grid Talk make sure you subscribe so you’re the first to know when each new weekly episode is released.