Welcome to Episode 25 of Formula 1 Grid Talk, hosted by George Howson!
In this episode we have a special guest, Mario Isola, Pirelli Head of Formula 1 and Car Racing, while joining host George Howson we have engineering student Owain Medford, sports journalist Mikael Kataja, F1 fanatic Rees Evans, and host of the Inside Line F1 Podcast Kunal Shah.
With tyres already shipped to Australia, Bahrain, and Vietnam, Mario talks us through the logistics involved after races were postponed, looks ahead to 2021, and so much more…
In This Episode
- What happened to the tyres in Australia?
- With regulations changes moved back to 2022, how are Pirelli working on compounds?
- Will the 2021 tyres be similar to 2020?
- How are tyres normally disposed of post-race weekend?
- How will Pirelli prepare for a season re-start on short notice?
- What did Bernie Ecclestone request to spice up racing?
- How did Pirelli tackle degradation issues when they returned to Formula 1?
- Does Formula 1 driver feedback affect commercial tyre sales?
- How are Pirelli handling the Coronavirus lockdown?
Support the Grid Talk Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode of Grid Talk please consider supporting us via Patreon for just $1 a week, so we can get better microphones, cameras, lighting, and maybe a cheeky pint after recording.
Also make sure you subscribe so you’re the first to know when each new weekly episode is released.
Download This Episode
Formula 1 Grid Talk Podcast Dream Guest List
Our panellists have a dream list of guests that we would love to have on the podcast, and using the ‘Six Degrees of Separation’ concept, we would love to know if you could help connect us to any of the following people, to see if we can get them on the show.
If you know someone who knows someone who knows someone, please reach out via email to email@example.com
- Toto Wolff
- Nigel Mansell
- Lewis Hamilton
- Jenson Button
- Martin Brundle
- Daniel Ricciardo
- Charlie Martin
- Sir Stirling Moss
- Sir Jackie Stewart
- Murray Walker
- Fernando Alonso
- Roger Penske
- Jason Plato and Matt Neal
- Guenther Steiner
- Kimi Raikkonen
- Mika Hakkinen
- Lando Norris
- Pastor Maldonado
- Frank Williams
- Bernie Ecclestone
- Patrick Head
- Gordon Murray
- Ross Brawn
- Gerhard Burger
- Nicky Grist
- Gary Anderdon
- Jann Mardenbrough