Formula 1 Grid Talk Episode 21: 2020 Pre-Season Test 2
Welcome to Episode 21 of Formula 1 Grid Talk, hosted by George Howson!
Today, joining host George Howson we have sports journalist Mikael Kataja, superfan Sam Thatcher, and F1 writer, presenter and Racer.com correspondent Chris Medland.
Chris was trackside in Spain when the big news broke about the Ferrari and FIA engine settlement, and he walks us through what happened and the outcome for 2020 and beyond.
Pre-season testing is now finished for another year, and we have a better idea of where the teams stand before the opening race of the 2020 Formula 1 season, the Melbourne Grand Prix…
In This Episode
- Mercedes are looking strong early, enjoying their best pre-season testing since becoming the dominant force of F1.
- Have Red Bull done enough to jump Ferrari in the Constructor’s Championship?
- Renault looked strong, will they be the best of the rest in 2020?
- Ferrari were fourth fastest, are they going for reliability, or hiding a problem with the car?
- Racing Point modelled their 2020 challenger on the 2019 Mercedes, and it was quick. Will it be enough to push them higher up the midfield pack?
- Have McLaren done enough to close the gap to the top three?
- Williams has had a huge upturn in fortunes compared to 2019, but have they done enough to compete?
- Can Alpha Tauri replicate the success of 2019?
- Alfa Romeo could be set for a difficult 2020.
- Haas seems to have identified their problems from 2019, but have they ironed out enough of the bugs to challenge the midfield again in 2020?
Support the Grid Talk Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode of Grid Talk please consider supporting us via Patreon for just $1 a week, so we can get better microphones, cameras, lighting, and maybe a cheeky pint after recording.
Also make sure you subscribe so you’re the first to know when each new weekly episode is released.